Health Tip: What You Can Learn From Genetic TestingLast Updated: February 28, 2018.
(HealthDay News) -- Genetic testing is a laboratory analysis of the DNA instructions that you inherit from your mother and father.
According to the National Human Genome Research Institute, here's what you can learn from genetic testing:
- Information that can help diagnose diseases -- including those that may not yet be active.
- Gene changes that are responsible for an already diagnosed disease.
- The severity of a disease.
- Guidance for doctors to help them decide on the best treatment for your disease or condition.
- Gene changes that could be or have been passed on to your children.
|Previous: As Grass Replaces Trash in Vacant Lots, Crime Goes Down||Next: Health Tip: If You’re Diabetic and Vegetarian|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.