Health Tip: Caring for Your Epi-PenLast Updated: July 11, 2018.
(HealthDay News) -- An epi-pen may be a lifesaving injection for a person with severe allergies. But the device must be cared for and stored properly.
Food Allergy Research and Education (FARE) suggests how to care for your epi-pen:
- Store it away from direct light.
- Store it at room temperature.
- Do not refrigerate it or allow it to freeze.
- Do not store it in a car, since temperatures can fluctuate drastically.
- Check your epi solution periodically. If it becomes pinkish or darker than a slight yellow, it may be less effective.
|Previous: Health Tip: Traveling With a Disability||Next: Health Highlights: July 11, 2018|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.