Health Tip: Prevent Diaper RashLast Updated: September 20, 2018.
(HealthDay News) -- It's every parent's nightmare -- diaper rash that causes itchy bumps, scaly skin and lots of discomfort for your baby.
The Nemours Foundation says you can help prevent diaper rash by keeping the infant's skin dry and clean.
If your child develops diaper rash, Nemours suggests:
- Keep the skin dry as the rash heals.
- Increase the amount of time your baby spends without a diaper. Airing out the area may speed healing.
- Wash your baby's diaper area gently with warm water before each diaper change. Avoid soaps and baby wipes that can irritate skin.
- When your baby has diaper rash, use disposable diapers.
- Use a diaper ointment or paste that contains zinc oxide with each diaper change. This will form a protective barrier on the skin.
|Previous: Health Tip: A Nutritious Diet Can Help Your Heart||Next: Health Highlights: Sept. 20, 2018|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.