Health Tip: Use Petroleum Jelly to Protect Your SkinLast Updated: November 07, 2018.
(HealthDay News) -- The skin is the largest organ in the human body. And petroleum jelly is an inexpensive, readily available way to help protect it.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests:
- Apply petroleum jelly to damp skin, including lips and eyelids.
- Apply it to minor cuts, scrapes and scratches to keep nearby skin from drying out.
- Apply it to body areas prone to chafing.
- Apply it after a diaper change if your child is prone to a rash.
- Apply it to nails and cuticles between polishes. This will minimize brittleness and help prevent chipping.
|Previous: Health Tip: Ease Separation Anxiety||Next: Health Highlights: Nov. 7, 2018|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.