Health Tip: Improve Your Emotional WellnessLast Updated: January 14, 2019.
(HealthDay News) -- Having a positive outlook can boost your physical well-being, the U.S. National Institutes of Health says.
Research has shown a link between an upbeat mental state and lower blood pressure, reduced risk for heart disease, healthier weight, better blood sugar levels and longer life, the agency says.
Here are the NIH's suggestions for developing a more positive mindset:
- Focus on your good deeds and give yourself credit for the good things you do for others.
- Forgive yourself for making mistakes. Try to learn from errors instead of dwelling on them.
- Spend more time with positive, healthy people.
- Explore your beliefs about the meaning and purpose of life.
- Develop healthy physical habits, such as healthy eating, regular exercise and getting quality sleep.
|Previous: Play It Safe With Winter Sports||Next: Health Tip: Managing Your Family’s Digital Life|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.