Health Tip: Prevent Skin Problems at the GymLast Updated: January 23, 2019.
(HealthDay News) -- Germs may thrive at the gym, creating a perfect breeding ground for skin infections.
Bacteria, viruses and fungi thrive in warm and moist places, such as the locker room or sweaty gym equipment, the American Academy of Dermatology says.
The academy mentions these preventive tips:
- Wear loose-fitting, moisture-wicking clothing.
- Always wear shoes around the locker room and pools. Keep flip flops in your gym bag to use in a public shower.
- Keep any cuts clean and covered.
- Disinfect equipment before and after using it.
- Wash hands just after working out.
- Shower soon after exercising, and dress in clean clothes.
|Previous: As More Smoke Pot, Are Their Jobs at Risk?||Next: Health Tip: Evaluating a New Cancer Treatment|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.