Health Tip: Choking Hazards for ChildrenLast Updated: March 05, 2019.
(HealthDay News) -- Every five days in the United States, at least one child dies from choking on food.
More than 10,000 children are hospitalized due to food-choking injuries each year. However, these injuries and deaths are preventable, the New York State Department of Health says.
The department suggests:
- Always supervise small children while eating.
- Do not allow children to play or lay down while eating.
- Cut foods into small pieces.
- Don't rush children to finish eating.
- Become familiar with child CPR.
|Previous: Largest Study Ever Finds No Link Between Measles Vaccine, Autism||Next: Health Tip: Stretches for Young Athletes|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.