Health Tip: Paint Exposure First AidLast Updated: May 07, 2019.
(HealthDay News) -- From acrylic to oil-based, most paints for indoor use are safe to use. But paint users should be aware of first aid for paint exposure, says the National Capital Poison Center.
Poison Control suggests:
- Wash paint from the skin with soap and water.
- If paint gets into the eyes, rinse with running water for 15-20 minutes.
- If someone swallows paint, give a small amount of water or milk to drink.Then contact poison control.
- Watch for nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- If someone inhales paint fumes and feels sick, immediately get fresh air. Call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.
|Previous: Newer Diabetes Drugs Linked to ‘Flesh-Eating’ Genital Infection||Next: Health Tip: When to Seek Medical Attention For a Cut|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.