Health Tip: Preventing NorovirusLast Updated: August 23, 2019.
(HealthDay News) -- Norovirus is the most common cause of foodborne diarrhea and vomiting, says the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Those with norovirus may feel sick for several days before getting better.
To help prevent norovirus, the CDC suggests:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Carefully wash fruits and vegetables before eating them.
- Cook oysters and shellfish thoroughly before consumption.
- Do not prepare food or care for others when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces regularly.
- Wash soiled laundry thoroughly.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent norovirus.
|Previous: Just One Pill for All Your Heart Health Needs? It’s On the Way||Next: Health Tip: Cleaning Out Earwax|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.