Health Tip: Keeping Your Retainer CleanLast Updated: December 03, 2019.
(HealthDay News) -- Keeping your retainer clean can prevent cavities and infection, says the California Association of Orthodontists.
Brushing your teeth and caring for your retainer also can ensure that your smile stays healthy.
To keep your retainer clean, the association suggests:
- Wash your hands before and after wearing your retainer.
- Soak your retainer often in a vinegar-and-water solution.
- Never boil your retainer. You can ruin the custom mold.
- Use a baking soda scrub or a non-harsh toothpaste.
- Use a denture cleaner twice a week.
|Previous: Could MS Have Links to the Herpes Virus?||Next: Health Tip: Common Causes of Knee Pain|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.