Health Tip: Basics of Newborn CareLast Updated: January 31, 2020.
(HealthDay News) -- Taking a "new mothers" class and asking nurses to help with baby basics during your hospital stay can help prepare you for time at home, says the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Before discharge, the agency recommends that you know how to:
- Handle a newborn and support your baby's neck.
- Change your baby's diaper.
- Bathe, dress and swaddle your baby.
- Feed and burp your baby.
- Clean the umbilical cord.
- Care for a healing circumcision.
- Use a bulb syringe to clear nasal passages.
- Take a newborn's temperature.
- Soothe a baby.
|Previous: Health Tip: Understanding Your Heart Rate||Next: Health Highlights: Jan. 31, 2020|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.