Medical Specialty >> Oncology
HealthDay Reporter Read article
- Skin Creams May Be OK During Cancer Radiation Therapies, Study Finds
- Common Drug Shows Promise Against Lymphedema
- Bigger Family, Lower Cancer Risk?
- AHA: After 2 Breast Cancer Diagnoses, Survivor Learns She Needs a New Heart
- Light Use of Topical Skin Tx Before Radiotherapy Seems Safe
- Aspirin, Anticoagulants Similarly Prevent VTE After TKA
- Sharp Drop in U.S. Life Expectancy Rankings by 2040
Robert L. Coleman, MD. Professor Robert L. Coleman M.D., FACOG, FACS discusses the implications of data from the Phase 3 ARIEL3 trial of the novel PARP inhibitor rucaparib as maintenance therapy in patients with platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer. Professor Coleman is the Vice Chair of Clinical Research in the Department of… Elizabeth M. Swisher, MD. Dr. Elizabeth M. Swisher comments on the implications of new data from the ARIEL2 trial, an ongoing Phase 2 trial of the novel PARP inhibitor rucaparib in relapsed, high-grade serous or endometrioid ovarian cancer. The new results offer an important insight into the genetic mechanisms behind tumor sensitivity… Bert Vogelstein, MD. Investigators at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore used complex mathematical modeling to track mutations driving abnormal cell growth for 32 types of cancer. From their calculations, the researchers believe that the bulk of cancers are caused by random DNA copying errors (replicative mutations).…
Great articles. learnt a lot from it.