Medical Specialty >> Surgery
HealthDay Reporter Read article
- 1 in 10 Worldwide Gets Wound Infection After Abdominal Surgery
- Shedding Pounds Before Weight-Loss Surgery a Smart Move
- Defibrillators May Not Help Kidney Patients With Bad Hearts
- ‘Hole in Heart’ Defect May Raise Stroke Risk After Surgery
- Peds Cardiac Surgery Outcomes Vary by Neighborhood Income
- Second-Gen Drug-Eluting Stents Similarly Effective for LMCAD
- Risk Factors for Recurrence of Acute Diverticulitis Identified
Dr. Alberto De la Guerra. The Food and Drug Administration has after repeated delays proposed removing metastatic breast cancer as an indication from the Avastin label. The proposal is being contested by Roche/Genentech, the drug’s maker. In this article we review the evidence for and against this decision.
M. Aroon Kamath, M.D..
The operating room is where, without doubt, many lives are saved and a multitude of destinies are altered. However, in today’s rapidly changing world, the number and complexity of surgical procedures are increasing dramatically. So is the number of surgical sub-specialties. The operating lists in…M. Aroon Kamath, M.D..
In medical history, there have been instances wherein, one gained “name” and “fame” for “describing” a particular condition or “performing” a procedure, when in fact, someone else had already described or performed that procedure. Some conditions have been wrongly named after individuals…
Great articles. learnt a lot from it.