- U.S. Transgender Surgeries Up 20 Percent in 2 Years
- Mechanical Heart Valve Noise May Mean Sleepless Nights
- Could a Weight-Loss Surgery Lead to Alcohol Abuse?
- Diabetes Drug Gets FDA Warning Due to Amputation Risk
- One in Five Cancers in the United States Is Considered Rare
- More U.S. Women Living With Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Tips Provided to Help Physicians Plan for Retirement
Dr. Alberto De la Guerra. The Food and Drug Administration has after repeated delays proposed removing metastatic breast cancer as an indication from the Avastin label. The proposal is being contested by Roche/Genentech, the drug’s maker. In this article we review the evidence for and against this decision.
M. Aroon Kamath, M.D..
The operating room is where, without doubt, many lives are saved and a multitude of destinies are altered. However, in today’s rapidly changing world, the number and complexity of surgical procedures are increasing dramatically. So is the number of surgical sub-specialties. The operating lists in…M. Aroon Kamath, M.D..
In medical history, there have been instances wherein, one gained “name” and “fame” for “describing” a particular condition or “performing” a procedure, when in fact, someone else had already described or performed that procedure. Some conditions have been wrongly named after individuals…
Thank you for reading my article. Interesting theory. Lots of research is ongoing to figure out the many ways aspirin does it magic.
Times Online / The Sunday Times voted Doctors Lounge as 3rd best ‘Ask an expert’ website.