Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: AIDS

Question: Hiv/Aids

freshman - Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:58 pm

When I was 9 years old I was at someones house who may have had aids and when I woke up in the morning my Dad told me to brush my teeth instead I grabbed a wash rag and just scrubbed of my teeth the wash rag was used and I put it in my mouth I don't know if it had blood on it or not!! Its been 5 years since then almost 6 and I have had no symptoms but could I stll have HIV/AIDS???? :!:
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:59 pm

There is no suggestion that there was blood-to-blood contact.

If you had no bleeding lesions on your lips, gums, tongue or buccal mucosa, HIV transmission is unlikely, even if the wash rag contained blood stains.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us