Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: AIDS

Question: Hiv/Aids

freshman - Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:58 pm

When I was 9 years old I was at someones house who may have had aids and when I woke up in the morning my Dad told me to brush my teeth instead I grabbed a wash rag and just scrubbed of my teeth the wash rag was used and I put it in my mouth I don't know if it had blood on it or not!! Its been 5 years since then almost 6 and I have had no symptoms but could I stll have HIV/AIDS???? :!:
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:59 pm

There is no suggestion that there was blood-to-blood contact.

If you had no bleeding lesions on your lips, gums, tongue or buccal mucosa, HIV transmission is unlikely, even if the wash rag contained blood stains.