Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Infections Answers List

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Odd Bumps here and there...

 bears12001 - Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:16 am

:( Hello, if you can please help me I would be soooo appreciative. Over a year ago I noticed some bumps occuring on my genitals (male) they occured singularly not in groups. They had either a white cheesy fluid or a white blob in the them. They went away in a week or two, and I freaked out and went to the doctor and spent nearly $800 on testing for STD'S. The doctor told me that I was fine and there was nothing to worry about. Now a year later I have not had a bump on my penis but I do have them occuring singularly on the back of my head 1-6 bumps consistently, and sometimes a bump or two on my chest,face, thigh,buttock, and pubic hair region. I am still freaking out about this and I can't get any real answers from the doctors in this area. I don't have the money to spend for a lot more testing. Every photo of herpes and other STDs doesn't look like the bumps I have, they just look like a large pimple, Can you please offer some expert advise!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

P.S. I think I might have Molluscum Cantangiosum but is it common to have it last over a year? I havn't had any relations with anyone since this began...
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:22 pm

User avatar Dear Bears12001,

Your description of these bumps and the places they appear make me think that they may be sebaceous cysts. You have not mentionned the type of complexion you have, but if you have an oily complexion, this is a very strong possibility.

i guess to make sure, you can ask to have the fluid inside those bumps analysed.

Thank you very much for using our website and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 bears12001 - Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:48 am

Hello, and thank you very much for your expert advice!
I don't have an oily complexion. Would sebaceous cysts originate on the penis, then go away and spread elsewhere throughout the body? The bumps remain the size of a pimple, perfectly round with a solid-like white blob inside of them, sometimes the bumps don't even make it that far and they only remain beneath the skin, with a slight bump.
I have read online that Molluscum Cantangiosum can be spread sexually, and has round raised bumps with white chessey fluid in them. I am being tested in a week, what is you opinion thus far?

Thank you very much DR. Yasser Mokhtar
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:16 am

User avatar Dear Bears12001,

Thank you very much for the update.

i guess it could be molluscum as well.

Best way of action is to take a sample of the fluid or a biopsy of the lesions.

Thank you very much for using our website and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 mrfox - Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:30 pm

can molluscum be transmitted through semen and blood or just by contant with the rash itself.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us