Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: embarrased...help!

cbgav - Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:08 pm

I think I might have a yeast infection. I'm not sure though, so I thought I could describe the symptoms to the people here. I am 16, male, and un-circumsized. I have never had sex before. My mother always told me to wash down there, especially because i wasnt circumsized, but knowing kids, they sometimes don't listen, and I basically chose to ignore my mother sometimes. :roll:

I'm pretty sure you can get a yeast infection simply by not washing, so here are my symptoms.

- Head slightly hurts when I touch it
- a little red on the head of the penis
- alot of small white bumps on the base (sorta under the head)
- smells sometimes, even after I wash

I feel really embarrased, all I had to do is wash! I'm even more embarrassed about telling my mom. I wash it everyday now, but I know this thing will never go away. Any advice? Home remedies? Or am I doomed to tell my mother?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, but any help would be appreciated. I've definitely learned my lesson, that's for sure.
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:10 pm

User avatar Hi!

Have you tried antibiotic/antifungal ointments?

bill
 cbgav - Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm

thanks for the reply bill!

But do not worry, I saw a doctor! Turns out those little white bumps are normal in most teens, and the smell can be a hassle for uncircumsized males, but he said just to rinse with water everyday, and you'll be fine!

:D
 Dr. Russell M - Mon May 03, 2004 6:59 am

User avatar Hi!

Good for you! I reiterate the importance of visiting your doctor before seeking online advice. Did your doc say as to what these bumps are called that are normally seen in teens uncircumcized?

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us