Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Debri / Specs in urine

Schitzo - Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:50 pm

Doc sent me for a urine test to test for bacteria (checking prostate for infection). The two tests were Urine C&C and Urinalisys. I had to urinate into two bottles, the nurse instructed me to urinate into bottle 1, stop, then bottle 2, then finish in teh toilet. I noticed in bottle one there was some specs in the bottle with the urine. very small, little pieces of 'crud' or something. Bottle 2 seemed clean. There was no pain or discomfort, i'm just wondering what those specs might have been, and is this normal? i'm pretty paranoid when it comes to my health lately, and it's been on my mind all day.
26 male.
 Schitzo - Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:51 pm

I should note that i'm visiting my doc in 3 weeks for the results.. so at the hospital, they didnt tell me anything.