Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Watery White/grey Discharge?

DeLovelyEmma - Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:15 pm

I am a 17 year old female and i have a watery white/grey discharge. Its thin and a white/grey color with a slight oder to it. Its heavy and every day i need to change underware 3-5 times a day because i always feel wet. I have not had any surgeries and im not on any medication. It has been like this every sine i got my period, when i was 12. Its not thick or clear like when im obvalating. Is this normal? If not, what do i tell my GYN to have him treat me?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:36 pm

User avatar If I understand your history correctly you've had a significant amount of flow for the last five years. Is this correct? Do you have days with no flow? Do you experience any pain or burning sensations?

While women can have increased vaginal discharge that is normal, there are many other causes of vaginal discharge, including yeast infections and STD's. Things such as malodorous discharge and pain point more towards infection of some type.

Given the long chronicity of your problem, I'd recommend a gynecological evaluation. You can talk with your gynecologist regarding what is actually going on. As far as what to tell her, just tell her what you've been experiencing. If she needs more information, your doctor will ask. Even if this is considered a non-illness, there may be some treatments that can reduce the flow so you can have a more comfortable day.

Hope this helps.
 DeLovelyEmma - Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:16 am

Yes you are correct. It has been like that since i was 12, no burning and no itching. I forgot to tell you i have HPV but i didnt have it when the discharge started. I have no symptoms of HPV eather. The discharge just comes out 5-10 times an hour. It feels lik ei peed on my self but when i check its a whiteish grey discharge. I was molested when i was 5 till i was 8. Maybe that could have somethign to do with it?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:53 pm

User avatar It is difficult to say whether the molestation is related. I suspect it is not. As I'm not a gynecologist, this is about where my knowledge in terms of what may be causing your symptoms ends. My colleagues on this forum may have other ideas.

I'd recommend you be evaluated by a gynecologist. One other thought would be urinary incontinence from bladder dysfunction. Your gynecologist can assess this as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated.