Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: condom broke

marley420 - Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:17 am

I am 25female my boyfriend is 23 & apparently i had chlamydia for months before we discovered it due to no symptoms. I believe it came from an ex that cheated on me, anyhow, we were both given a perscription for a sinle dose each of 4 pink pills (do not remember the name).We were told not to have unprotected sex for 7 days to make sure it clears. The next day we had sex with a condom & it BROKE! Should we be worried because we both had taken the medicine the day before. He did not ejaculate yet and we both jumped into the shower although i know that does not really do anything.I am due to be retested january 18th but i still am afraid we may have gave it back to each other unless the medicine could still work. Please help! I was cleared on all other deseases except HIV for the time being including cervical cancer.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:33 am

User avatar If you were both treated it is unlikely for you to have been reinfected. However, if there is any doubt I would recommend reevaluation to ensure resolution. Many labs are now doing urine testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea so testing is much easier.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us