Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Sore foreskin

enliven - Mon May 07, 2007 11:11 am

Hi
I am diabetic and am prone to thrush, i am male. Recently i have been treated with flucanazole which cleared up the majority. However after that i found it hard to pull my foreskin back, if i bathed it in aqueous cream it is normal. i have noticed when withdrawn the skin is cracked so was prescribed dactarin but it does not seem to have worked. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 07, 2007 4:18 pm

User avatar It is possible to get a fungal infection of the foreskin, as well as other infections. I would recommend you see your doctor for a re-evaluation to make sure you are getting the proper treatment.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us