Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Sore foreskin

 enliven - Mon May 07, 2007 11:11 am

I am diabetic and am prone to thrush, i am male. Recently i have been treated with flucanazole which cleared up the majority. However after that i found it hard to pull my foreskin back, if i bathed it in aqueous cream it is normal. i have noticed when withdrawn the skin is cracked so was prescribed dactarin but it does not seem to have worked. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 07, 2007 4:18 pm

User avatar It is possible to get a fungal infection of the foreskin, as well as other infections. I would recommend you see your doctor for a re-evaluation to make sure you are getting the proper treatment.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us