Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: One small white head pimple on outer part of labia minora?

meg23 - Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:45 pm

Ive been with the same man for 2 years, and we broke up about a month ago. 2 days ago after shaving i noticed one small white head pimple? on the inside of my vaginal lip. i sqeezed it and it broke. There is no discomfort when walking or nothing, only when i touch it because its broke and i squeezed it so, there a tiny hole now. I seems to be going away. But i am so worried. This is the first time i have ever had anything odd happen within my genital area. I had have body abssess. and ovarian cysts. Please tell me this is just a pimple from shaving and not herpes. The only thing that has my wondering is that it is on the outter part of my labia minora. Thank u for ur time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:52 pm

User avatar It doesn't sound like a typical herpes lesion. I suspect that you may have had a blocked pore. There are many pores that line the opening of the vagina and they can become clogged leading to small blister-like spots that resolve once the clog is cleared.

Unfortunately, I cannot be certain without examining you. If the lesion returns I would recommend you see your doctor. If there is a question about the diagnosis, cultures for the herpes virus can be done.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us