Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Redish Rash on head

cubsr4real - Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:54 pm

Hi, i am a 20 year old male that recently (about 4 months ago) got checked for an std and results came back negative. The problem i currently have consists of a few different symptoms. Over the last three weeks i have itching constantly (mainly lower abdominal region and arms, even after benedryl and itching pills subsribed by my doctor). I recently i have had this small dot on the head of my penis(maybe a blister) which has turned into a scab. Moreover, it has seemed that what i have has mildly spread to a lower section of the head. Now, i never itch in that specifed area or feel any pain (although sexual intercourse has caused the rash to spread, which it what i was referring to earlier). Basically, i have not seen the doctor for this problem because my girlfriend does not have stds at all and i of course was recently informed that i do not have anything either. The doctor saw no lines on my arms or legs, and told me that i have no visible signs of scabies. It just puzzles me now because of the blisters/scabs that have came about and prior to them appearing. Any ideas?
 cubsr4real - Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:24 pm

additionally, i forgot to mention that my girlfriend who i also sleep with, also itches in the similar regions that i do.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us