Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: big bump on thigh

Bamagirl66 - Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:16 pm

im 18/f and i have this huge red boil/pimple type thing on the top of my thigh in the front. it is very hard underneath about the size of a nickle and red and sore all around it with a little white head on the side of the bump. what could it be?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:22 pm

User avatar Hi Bamagirl66,

Most likely you have a hair follicle or skin pore that has become clogged and infected. I would recommend you see your doctor because these sometimes need antibiotics to clear up.

Since you've posted in the STD category I'll just add that this does not sound like an STD.

Bamagirl66 - Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:49 pm

ok, i just got an antibiotic today. Thank you so much!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:52 pm

User avatar That was quite fast. I think the antibiotics will take care of it for you.