Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Onychocryptosis - related issue.

Daniel - Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:21 pm

User avatar Hello, after suffering from an ingrown toenail, I removed the offending piece of nail with a pair of sterile scissors and have been using an iodine solution to prevent the infection from reoccurring. However, shortly after removing the nail I have developed a brown spot on the skin surrounding the nail. It doesn't cause any pain when I touch it but I was wondering if I should see a doctor regarding this development? I would be most grateful if you could tell me any information regarding this issue.

Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:35 pm

User avatar Hi Daniel,

I would advise you to see your doctor for a direct examination. This may or may not be related to the ingrown toe nail. I'm not sure exactly what it is based on your description and the picture. A direct exam should be able to give you a better idea.

Best wishes.
 Daniel - Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:58 pm

User avatar Thank you very much Dr. Lowe, I shall arrange an appointment with my GP following your advice.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us