Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Herpes All of a Sudden

daveadams - Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:19 pm

My wife and I have been married for 10 years and been together for 12. All of a sudden she developed some bumps on her butt, went to the Dr and he confirmed Herpes. She has never had any signs before. How can that be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:54 pm

User avatar There are two types of herpes that can result in such an outbreak. The U.S. CDC site has a good information site covering this issue so I will send a link.
http://www.cdc.gov/std/Herpes/STDFact-Herpes.htm#common

I think this will answer questions you may have but it will be helpful if you know if this is type 1 or type 2.

Let us know if you have other questions.
 daveadams - Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:35 pm

Hi,

The Herpes type is 2.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us