Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: std?

 eccehomo77 - Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:47 pm

I am 30. Male. I have a tenderness in one particular area in my pubic region (my right side), beneath the hair. It is not an itch. Rather, it feels as though the hair were pulling out the skin a little -- stretching it. I see no redness. Sometimes it feels like a bit of pressure. I had unprotected sex about 3 weeks ago. Does this sound like an std?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:09 pm

User avatar STD would not be an immediate thought to me but it's best to check it out to be sure. Your local health department or doctor can run tests to see if there is anything of concern.

Perhaps there is a pulled muscle or even hernia. It would be impossible to say without an examination. Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us