Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Feeling alot of symptoms, desperate need of help if possible

 Jae - Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:02 pm

Hi, Im a 19 year old male. I've been feeling symptoms of something, but I went to my Urologist and all he took was a urine sample and checked my penis and said nothing was wrong. I don't think that's exactly it.

-Soar throat (Fever like Symptoms)
-Occasional pain between and to the right of belly button and penis.
-Random Mild Discomfort in penis.
-Intestinal Gas
-No burning during urination, but mild discomfort during ejaculation
-Mild pain in lower back (kidney area)

I don't know exactly if it is an STD, It could be anything, I've heard that it might be a male yeast infection and The testing facilities say its too soon to test for STD's, its only been 2 weeks since any possibility of me catching anything. So I'd very much appreciate if someone can give any kind of diagnosis through knowing symptoms alone, Please. Thankyou.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:22 pm

User avatar Hi Jae,

Your symptoms may be from a variety of problems. It may be due to an infection such as a prostatitis or inflammation of the intestines in the area from a virus. Off hand it doesn't sound like an STD; however, any time STD's are possible I recommend being tested since they can have some serious complications if left untreated.

It should not be too early to test for most of the STD's at this point.

If your symptoms persist I would suggest you see a primary care doctor (rather than the urological specialist) for an evaluation. This way you get a whole body perspective rather than just the urological system.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us