Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: 3 pimple like dots in pubic area

paultoms - Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:26 am

I searched the posts on this forum and I might have something similar to someone else. I am a male 22 years old. I have 3 pimple like dots in my pubic area. They don't itch or hurt, but won't go away. The last partner I had was a few months ago and we occassionaly had sex without a condom.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:17 am

User avatar There is a possibility you could have a sexually transmitted infection such as genital herpes but of course I cannot diagnose this.

A doctor or other health care worker may do several laboratory tests to try to determine if symptoms are caused by the herpes simplex virus. A person may still have genital herpes, however, even if the laboratory tests do not show the virus in the body.

A blood test cannot show whether a person can infect another with the herpes virus, but it can show if a person has been infected at any time with HSV.

Herpes is treated with antiviral agents to help control future outbreaks.

Again, I cannot say this is what you have but it is one possibility worth investigating.

Good luck.
 NPCTX1 - Sun May 03, 2009 6:48 pm

So what was the diagnosis Tom?
 So many ?s - Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:10 am

Well I kinda have the same problem. Except they are along the shaft of the foreskin my penis and they are more like a small open sore or lesion. Circular in shape with the surrounding area being a little red and tender. I am sexually active I do use protection with my partner. I was tested a few months back and came up clean. Were i work it is very hot and i sweat a lot. I have taken some pics and would post them if any one has an email i can send them to that would be great. I just noticed about 72 hrs ago when i was scratching at. last time i had sex with my GF was Sunday night. I have checked many other sites and seen pics looks nothing like what i have seen. im not sure if I'm the cause or not. And yes I'm on my way to see a doctor in the morning. I'm freaking out
 albore4 - Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:58 am

i used to get those, because i shave so it is usually just an ingrown hair for me. i kinda have a similar problem but its on my "area"

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us