Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: 3 pimple like dots in pubic area

paultoms - Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:26 am

I searched the posts on this forum and I might have something similar to someone else. I am a male 22 years old. I have 3 pimple like dots in my pubic area. They don't itch or hurt, but won't go away. The last partner I had was a few months ago and we occassionaly had sex without a condom.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:17 am

User avatar There is a possibility you could have a sexually transmitted infection such as genital herpes but of course I cannot diagnose this.

A doctor or other health care worker may do several laboratory tests to try to determine if symptoms are caused by the herpes simplex virus. A person may still have genital herpes, however, even if the laboratory tests do not show the virus in the body.

A blood test cannot show whether a person can infect another with the herpes virus, but it can show if a person has been infected at any time with HSV.

Herpes is treated with antiviral agents to help control future outbreaks.

Again, I cannot say this is what you have but it is one possibility worth investigating.

NPCTX1 - Sun May 03, 2009 6:48 pm

So what was the diagnosis Tom?
 So many ?s - Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:10 am

Well I kinda have the same problem. Except they are along the shaft of the foreskin my penis and they are more like a small open sore or lesion. Circular in shape with the surrounding area being a little red and tender. I am sexually active I do use protection with my partner. I was tested a few months back and came up clean. Were i work it is very hot and i sweat a lot. I have taken some pics and would post them if any one has an email i can send them to that would be great. I just noticed about 72 hrs ago when i was scratching at. last time i had sex with my GF was Sunday night. I have checked many other sites and seen pics looks nothing like what i have seen. im not sure if I'm the cause or not. And yes I'm on my way to see a doctor in the morning. I'm freaking out
 albore4 - Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:58 am

i used to get those, because i shave so it is usually just an ingrown hair for me. i kinda have a similar problem but its on my "area"