Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Around Inner THigh is A rash

 Shorty2Forty - Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:34 am

Ok My Inner Thigh Has A Rash thats What I think it is and all around my thigh is little bumps that are white at the tip and red all around and one went away and it made my skin peel right where it was, i need some help with this
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:44 pm

User avatar Hi Shorty2Forty,

You may have a folliculitis, inflammation of the hair follicles. It is also possible that you have a skin infection such as impetigo although this sounds less likely.

You may also have a contact dermatitis, possibly from a new detergent or clothing.

If this is not resolving I would recommend yuo see your doctor.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us