Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Rash like redness

nsurance - Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:43 pm

I had unprotected heterosexual intercourse 2 nights ago. By morning, (a few hours later) I had a soreness in the pubic hair area that felt like dry skin. I ignored it, till this morning. When I woke up this morning, I noticed that the dryness had turned into a rash that looked more like razor burn. Most of the red "bumps" came a the base of a pubic hair. The rash is contained to the width of my pubic hair region, and starts 1 inch above the base of my penis to the top of my pubic hair. What do you think caused this? Is it and STD? Are they just heat bumps? Note: I have no other redness or soreness anywhere.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:33 pm

User avatar Hi Nsurance,

It is possible that you have some irritation from friction or trauma. It seems a little unlikely that an STD will develop symptoms this quickly but it is not impossible.

I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation and STD testing.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us