Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: not sure

choralone - Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:42 pm

hi my name is sef i am a 30 year old male. i have had little to no medical problems through out my life other then accidents as a child my family as well has had little to no medical problems.
for about four or five months now i have had some light red/brownish spots between my navel and penis they stop just below the pubic hair line, there is no itching or swelling of any kind. they do tend to become dry every once in a while other wise they simply look like someone dripped 6 spots of bleach on me...
 dlugose - Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:18 pm

choralone wrote:hi my name is sef I am a 30 year old male. I have had little to no medical problems through out my life other then accidents as a child my family as well has had little to no medical problems.
for about four or five months now I have had some light red/brownish spots between my navel and penis they stop just below the pubic hair line, there is no itching or swelling of any kind. they do tend to become dry every once in a while other wise they simply look like someone dripped 6 spots of bleach on me...

It is quite possible that this is a fungus infection. Not all fungus infections spread quickly or itch. It would be best to see a doctor. If that is a financial problem and you cannot find a clinic that offers reduced rates, you might look up "Tinea versicolor" on the web to find some pictures to see if it looks like yours. It might be possible to treat it with an lotion from a pharmacy that you find recommended in such an article.