Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Penis Discoloration

 xeroshogun - Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:00 pm

I am a 23 year old male. I had sex about a week ago and I discovered the day after contact that I had discoloration around the head of my penis. I noticed a thin layer of skin was peeling around the discoloration(pink-purple color). A few days later, there were lil bumps of discoloration around the middle tip of my penis. These bumps are not big but they appear to be below the skin. There is no pain, itchiness, or discomfort around the tip of my penis so i'm wondering where these discolorations are coming from. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:52 pm

User avatar Hi Xeroshogun,

I'm not exactly certain what would cause such a sudden change in coloration. It does not sound classic for STD's. Perhaps you have had some trauma to the tip of your penis causing some bruising to occur.

I would recommend you have this evaluated if it doesn't get better soon or if it gets worse.

Best wishes.
 bigboi - Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:19 pm

i am a 16 year old boi aobut 3 hours after prforming in sex with my girl friend i felt a burning sensation on my penis now when i shower it burns more when i apply sope and there is a puple/red couler in my penis i is all over and the vains in my penis are more visibul than ever i am very worid and some what imbarist i don't no what to do and i can see a doctor with out permish from a parint or gardian and if my father finds out i am sexualy actin well that just wont be good if anyone can tell me plss do i need to no what is going on

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us