Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: Sore in vaginal area

 blacksnow4 - Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:38 pm

I recently noticed a sore in my vaginal area. It looks like a pimple, its hard and it pops like a zit. It's on my lubia, not in my vagina. I have never had any sexual contact, intercourse, foreplay, oral, nothing. Should I be concerned? What do I do to get rid of it? Please help.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:28 pm

User avatar Hi Blacksnow4,

What you are likely experiencing is a clogged duct or pore. The opening of the vagina is lined with numerous glands that can become obstructed causing symptoms such as you are experiencing. Often they will resolve on their own. If it does not, however, I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation.

Occasionally, these can become infected requiring antibiotics to clear up. With infections they are generally painful and tender to touch.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us