Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Fungal infection in Groin Region

 kewldudesam - Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:53 am


I am suffering from Fungal infection in my Groin Region.When i take bath and clean it some white particles comes from the skin which is making a layer on skin.some Area is Normal in Colour other is White.Its is only In Testes and Beneath the Penis.When i clean it while i bath it goes away but the next day its again the same.What should i Do.?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:27 pm

User avatar HI Kewldudesam,

I would recommend you see your doctor to have this evaluated. It sounds as if you may have an extensive fungal infection that may need more than a topical cream. The oral medicines are prescription and are much stronger.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us