Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Strange Bump

 Josh_B - Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:55 pm

I'm a 28 yo male. I'm not sure if this is HPV or maybe something else. I'd like some insight on this before I go spend the money to see a doctor. I have a pic at this link. Its not a great pic, best I could get with my phone.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:29 am

User avatar Hi Josh_B,

I suspect this is a wart from HPV. I would recommend you see your doctor for a formal evaluation. Your doctor can also treat these warts if this is what it is.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us