Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: STD or skin condition (not safe for work)

Warrior - Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:19 am

My History:
I am a 23-year-old heterosexual white male. I have had 5 sexual partners. I have had unprotected sex with 2 of them. The first was a one-night stand and the condom broke. So I got a comprehensive sexual STD check up. Negative on all. I have had unprotected 3 times with the second one (whom is monogamous and a virgin - so I am 99% sure she’s clean.)

My Question:
Ever since I can remember (even prior to being sexually active with partners) I have had two blemishes on my foreskin. Here is a photo of my condition:

They are slightly scaly, painless, itch less and they some times get really dry and form a white dead skin look. They are not contagious – if I touch them and then touch other skin it does not transfer. The dead skin look (and my condition) looks like this dermatitis:
Image Some times it almost looks scarred.

I have a very high libido so I masturbate daily and it seems to exacerbate the problem. If I masturbate heavily they get inflamed (red) but not sore. They don’t bleed.

As I said they are just blemishes. When I went to the STD test clinic, I said nothing about them and the doctors (I saw about 3-4 on various occasions) said nothing about it either. I don't know if they just DIDN’T notice or they DID notice and though nothing of them - ie just blemishes.

However they look a bit ugly so I wanted to find out what they are and how to get rid of them.

I did a search of STD pictures on the web and couldn't match any of pictures to what mine looks like. So I don't think it’s an STD – this is also consistent with my sexual history. So I then went to a dermatology website and searched for "penis." From the entire selection of images that came up the ones that very very closely resembled what I have where eczema and contact dermatitis. There two images are almost identical to my condition:

Although this last one says vulva eczema, the skin really closely resemble to what mine looks like after I masturbate, a day after though, it settles down. If I don’t masturbate for a week then it is almost unnoticeable but still there.

I have had acne on my face and back for about 10 years and recently I have had a light a bout of dermatitis on my back and chest – it was diagnosed as “pityriasis rosea” – a fungal infection. I was successfully able to treat with: "Ketoconazole." I shower 2 times a day with soap to keep my acne and skin clean. I have tried the same "Ketoconazole" and it has no visible effect on my penis.

So my conclusion is that I have some kind of non-std skin condition, that is exacerbated by (or originally started by) washing too much with the wrong soap aor exacerbated by friction when I masturbate.

Please help.
 Warrior - Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:37 am

Here is a close up of my condidition:

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us