Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Possible STD infection?

palladino_99 - Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi I am 19 year old male. I have never had any std or anything. 2 nights ago was my first time I had sex. I wore a condom but at the end it went off don't ask me how. The problem is that I realized that the girl had her period, I did not cum but I am worried about possible infection of anything. I was not fully erect and the time I did not have the condom was 2 minutes at most. I think the girl was not a church goer but she wasnt the most promiscous either. I have no symptoms of any kind, everything seems perfectly normal and I know its early. However I need to put my mind at ease, this is killing me. I will get tested for Std and HIV but the simple thought is making me crazy. Could I have that bad luck? is there anything I can do? Please help me get out of this stress.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:44 pm

User avatar Hi Palladino_99,

Infection with an STD is possible given that you had a short period of exposure. I cannot say for sure either way. Men often may be assymptomatic with STD's so I always recommend testing when STD's are possible.