Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Possible STD infection?

palladino_99 - Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi I am 19 year old male. I have never had any std or anything. 2 nights ago was my first time I had sex. I wore a condom but at the end it went off don't ask me how. The problem is that I realized that the girl had her period, I did not cum but I am worried about possible infection of anything. I was not fully erect and the time I did not have the condom was 2 minutes at most. I think the girl was not a church goer but she wasnt the most promiscous either. I have no symptoms of any kind, everything seems perfectly normal and I know its early. However I need to put my mind at ease, this is killing me. I will get tested for Std and HIV but the simple thought is making me crazy. Could I have that bad luck? is there anything I can do? Please help me get out of this stress.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:44 pm

User avatar Hi Palladino_99,

Infection with an STD is possible given that you had a short period of exposure. I cannot say for sure either way. Men often may be assymptomatic with STD's so I always recommend testing when STD's are possible.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us