Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: feel pain after ejaculation

 Shuhel - Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:48 pm


i am 23 male and Sometimes if I urinate soon after ejaculation, I will feel pain in my urethra near the tip of the penis. Also, sometimes I will feel mild discomfort even before I have urinated. The burning pain during urination usually only lasts for about 30 minutes with mild discomfort lasting another 30 minutes or so. During this time, it feels like I can't empty my bladder and I end up visiting the bathroom many times, only urinating a little at a time. This can happen after masturbation. And I don't think that it's something I've caught from my sexual partner as I havnt had any sex with anybody in my life yet. I have had this problem for several years now (even before I became sexually active).

Please help i am really scared. Thanks in advance[/u]
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:24 pm

User avatar I doubt this is anything serious though it could be suspicious for a urinary tract infection. These are unusual in men but they do happen so you should probably have a urinalysis and culture. I seriously doubt there is any concern about STD if you have not had sex.

Take care.
 Shuhel - Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:39 pm

Thank you very much. It’s a huge relief for me. I didn’t even expect that quick reply.

One thing I would like to mention here:
At that time when I urinate I used to get my urine looks more yellowish.

Now should I go for a urinalysis and culture?
Thank u once again.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us