Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: feel pain after ejaculation

Shuhel - Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:48 pm

Hi,

i am 23 male and Sometimes if I urinate soon after ejaculation, I will feel pain in my urethra near the tip of the penis. Also, sometimes I will feel mild discomfort even before I have urinated. The burning pain during urination usually only lasts for about 30 minutes with mild discomfort lasting another 30 minutes or so. During this time, it feels like I can't empty my bladder and I end up visiting the bathroom many times, only urinating a little at a time. This can happen after masturbation. And I don't think that it's something I've caught from my sexual partner as I havnt had any sex with anybody in my life yet. I have had this problem for several years now (even before I became sexually active).

Please help i am really scared. Thanks in advance[/u]
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:24 pm

User avatar I doubt this is anything serious though it could be suspicious for a urinary tract infection. These are unusual in men but they do happen so you should probably have a urinalysis and culture. I seriously doubt there is any concern about STD if you have not had sex.

Take care.
 Shuhel - Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:39 pm

Thank you very much. It’s a huge relief for me. I didn’t even expect that quick reply.

One thing I would like to mention here:
At that time when I urinate I used to get my urine looks more yellowish.

Now should I go for a urinalysis and culture?
Thank u once again.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us