Forum Name: Other infections

Question: white stuff in tonsils?

alias - Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:24 am

I've been having a sore throat for a while now. before they were just swollen but now they are covered with white stuff. The whole are is white. i can scrap it out of them but it is pain full and bleeds. after a few hours it just comes back. it;s kinda stingy and sticky ... i've been to the doctors before i got the white stuff and he really didn't do anything for me. help
 Sandy Tracy RN - Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:41 am

User avatar Hello Alias.

Thanks for writing in, this could be several things. I encourage you to be seen by your Doctor. You may need antibiotic treatment to clear this up. Your Doctor may take a throat culture (swab the throat) to see what type of infection this is.

Good Luck
Sandy RN