Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Other infections

Question: white stuff in tonsils?

alias - Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:24 am

I've been having a sore throat for a while now. before they were just swollen but now they are covered with white stuff. The whole are is white. i can scrap it out of them but it is pain full and bleeds. after a few hours it just comes back. it;s kinda stingy and sticky ... i've been to the doctors before i got the white stuff and he really didn't do anything for me. help
 Sandy Tracy RN - Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:41 am

User avatar Hello Alias.

Thanks for writing in, this could be several things. I encourage you to be seen by your Doctor. You may need antibiotic treatment to clear this up. Your Doctor may take a throat culture (swab the throat) to see what type of infection this is.

Good Luck
Sandy RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us