Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Flesh color bumps on penis head - skin wrinkled, pinchable

 gu33st - Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:05 am

1. Age - 21
2. Male
3. Past diagnosis: Natural Occurrence ?
4. Past surgeries: None
5. Family history: None
6. Current medications: None

I have this for 2 1/5 years, flesh color bumps on penis head - pen head size, skin is wrinkled, few pinchable around head.
It is totally different from natural occurrence of wrinkles after shower or hair bumps which my doc was pointing at in first place.
I took Gen-Fluconazole and Lamisil but they didn't help.


What does this look like to you, so i can get tested.
Thank You
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:49 am

User avatar Hi Gu33st,

The small bumps may be due to a virus called molluscum contagiousum. Typically these bumps have a central dimple in them. They don't look classic for this from the picture, though.

You may also simply have some blocked pores in the skin that are causing the bumps. The skin wrinkling may be a normal variant. I'm not sure about this one.

If STD's are possible I would recommend you be tested since many STD's can be asymptomatic, especially in men.

If this continues you may want to see a dermatologist to get an expert opinion.

Best wishes.
 fringe23 - Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:12 am

i read your post and it seems that i've had pretty much the same symptoms for about a year and a half, even very similar to your pictures. My doctor did not have an answer.
Did ever have the issue resolved? Is there anything further you can tell me about this?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us