Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: blisters? herpes? acne? on shaft

 mroogman - Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:36 am

i am 23 year old male,
a few days ago i saw 2 raised red bumps form in the middle of my shaft with a purple-red scab that are about 1/2 cm each in diameter. they don't itch or hurt, but for one day after this came on, my tip burned a little when i had to take a piss, it was mild but i could feel it(i thought it could be uti but it didnt come back the next day). about 2 days after that i noticed another 1/2 cm scab form over a rasied red area(about 1cm in diameter) come out on my pubic area away from my penis. they don't hurt or cause irritation and they look as though they are healing, but i was wondering if it is genital herpes, though the pics i found online don't match what i have because they all show small white blisters, which i don't have. I can touch all 3 scabs and u can definitely tell they are raised from the skin, it doesnt hurt to tough either. I have never seen anything like it on myself.
Please Help.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:30 pm

User avatar Hi Mroogman,

It's a little hard to say for sure. What you are describing could be herpes; however, herpes tend to be somewhat painful. Herpes lesions often start as a blister then scab over. You may also be seeing some blocked pores that have become inflamed.

The best way to find out is to have your doctor take a look when you have these bumps. Also, if STD's are possible I would suggest you be tested fully for them because many STD's are often asymptomatic.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us