Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: Male Yeast Infection

 jayljudd22 - Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:40 pm

I'm 22 Y/O Male,

With a Minor Yeast Infection, Haven't been to the Doctor Yet, Work Long Hours Never Have time.
Wanted to Know how to Cure, Get Rid of Male Yeast Infection.
Thanks Jay
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:13 pm

User avatar Hi jayljudd22 ,
If by the statement of a "minor yeast infection" you are experiencing symptoms of redness, burning, itching on the tip of your penis, the over the counter treatment typically used is Monistat cream, used twice a day for seven days. if you choose to use an over the counter treatment, and the symptoms don't improve I would strongly encourage you to seek medical attention. Even though you may work long hours, you have to make time for health concerns or they will eventually force you to make time. I would again encourage you to have an evaluation.
Theresa Jones, RN
 jayljudd22 - Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:28 pm

Thanks Got Cream. How much time after using the cream and everything looks good shall i be able to Have Intercourse, With Out Protection?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:51 am

User avatar Hi jayljudd22,
I would again encourage you to have a medical evaluation. I have always advised using protection during intercourse unless the relationship is monogomous or conception is desired. Best wishes.
Theresa Jones, RN
 jayljudd22 - Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:34 pm

Went to see a Doc. He Told me to Buy a Cream Called "Clotrimaderm"
used it for 2 weeks and the systoms went away execpt for the Cuts on the Foreskin, After Intercourse the Systoms started to come Back this Morning what else can i use to Stop the Infection For once.
PLease not sure what to use, Monista Cream Maybe??

 jayljudd22 - Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:45 am

Hello Again,
Most Symtoms Are gone execpt for the ForeSkin Cuts. What can i use to Cure the Cuts?

THanks Jay

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us