Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: 13 wks pregnant,Lost Smell&Taste With Cold,How Long?

thundersnow16 - Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:13 pm

I am 13 weeks pregnant and I got a head and chest cold on December 23,2007.It's January 4,2008 now so it's been a couple of weeks.I am having trouble getting over this cold and I lost my sense of taste and smell at the beginning of the cold and I still have not gotten it back.I developed a sinus and chest infection about 7 days into the cold but it cleared up with a z-pack.I am wondering why it's taking me so long to get over this cold ?and when I will get my sense of smell and taste back?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:07 pm

I can't say how long it may take. Pregnancy can affect your senses as can the respiratory infection. I would just be patient and not worry since it is unlikely to be serious.