Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Viral Infections

Question: 13 wks pregnant,Lost Smell&Taste With Cold,How Long?

thundersnow16 - Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:13 pm

I am 13 weeks pregnant and I got a head and chest cold on December 23,2007.It's January 4,2008 now so it's been a couple of weeks.I am having trouble getting over this cold and I lost my sense of taste and smell at the beginning of the cold and I still have not gotten it back.I developed a sinus and chest infection about 7 days into the cold but it cleared up with a z-pack.I am wondering why it's taking me so long to get over this cold ?and when I will get my sense of smell and taste back?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:07 pm

User avatar Hi,
I can't say how long it may take. Pregnancy can affect your senses as can the respiratory infection. I would just be patient and not worry since it is unlikely to be serious.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us