Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Can genital warts be gone forever?

E1274 - Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:24 am

Or is this something that will always be in my system? I was diagonosed with them about 10 years ago, had symptoms of them for about 2 years and have had nothing since. Want to know if my body will fix it or is it still there, just dormant.

Thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:31 pm

User avatar Yes, genital warts can come and go on their own, similar to how other warts on your body can do. As a virus, your body can keep them in check with potential for another outbreak or you may never have them again. The fact you have gone so long without a recurrence is very encouraging.

Best wishes.
 E1274 - Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:07 pm

Are they not a form of HPV or is that something differant?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us