Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Small Bumps in Pubic Region

 bm123 - Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:22 pm

About 2 months ago I started noticing bumps between my naval and penis. I thought it was just razor burn and ignored, but they still haven't gone away. They aren't really like pimples because they aren't filled with puss and when I popped one it was almost like a piece of skin that came out (painful by the way). They are most noticeable in the shower, and seem to settle down when I'm out. Just hoping this is nothing serious and you can help me figure out to make them go away.
 rgr_175 - Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:01 am

Do they itch? Mine started out just in the pubic hair, and then they spread to my inner thighs and penis, and itch periodically. I'm under the impression it's scabies. Look online for pictures of scabies cases and see if looks like what you have. If so you'll need to get a prescription for a scabicide with an active ingredient of either 5% Permethin or 10% Crotamiton. I think there is another active ingredient out there, but those are the only two I know of.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:56 pm

User avatar Hello - The first repsonse to your post poses a very likely explanation, but treating a problem without knowing for certain what it is is not a good idea. You really need to get this evaluated by a medical provider, and if it is scabies, there are prescription remedies which are quite effective.

I hope this helps. Please follow up with us here.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us