Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Fungal infections

Question: yeast infection cures for men

 ryan4200 - Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:10 am

well just recently i did the spit test to see if i had a yeast infection and it showed that i did. so i guess my question is what do you recommend to use to cure yeast infections in men. ive been to the stores and always see stuff for women and vaginal.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:33 pm

User avatar Hello,
The antifungal agents used are the same for men and women but you can probably find some in the men's section of the drugstore as well as the women's. You might look for items that indicate use for "jock itch" - something like Monistat that treats the organism, candida. There are also prescription medications available.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us