Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: ulcers, warts, red spots around the pubic area

britishman - Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi

About 2 weeks ago I started to notice that in the pubic area between my stomach and pennis a load of small, red bumps have appeared from nowhere and on the left hand side of my pennis, very close to the main pubic areas these red warts or ulcers have appeared. I would say in total about 4 or 5 have appeared. this is the first time I have ever seen such an occurance happen

So far I am experiencing no ithcing or pain in the slightest, it is as if they are not there unless I actually look and see them. And I havent had sex since December, though I have had a cough for the last 2 weeks and a cold sore I get about once a year has returned to the bottom of my lower lip. (though this is receding because i have been putting cream on it)

My question is, what exactly do you think is wrong with me and how can I both get rid of these wart/ulcers and stop them from ever coming back

Thank you very much
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:30 pm

User avatar Hello Britishman,

These may be herpes lesions. Herpes can remain dormant for a long period of time after contracting the infection. It may be that your cold now has lowered your immune systems ability to keep the herpes virus at bay, allowing it to present with ulcers.

I would recommend you see your doctor to have these evaluated and determine what is actually going on. If you have not been tested I would also recommend you be fully tested for all STD's since many of them can remain asymptomatic, especially in men.