Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: "S" shaped growth on penis shaft?

 johny7272 - Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:41 pm

I am a white 23 year old male who had unprotected sex 3 months ago. last week i noticed a "s" shaped or "figure 8" shaped growth on the shaft of my penis. it is small (maybe 1/4 of an inch) and slightly raised and a little lighter color (barely noticable by color alone if at all) than the rest of my penis. it doesnt hurt or itch. what could it be? Thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:43 pm

User avatar Hello,
Your description does not raise any red flags but in order to be sure you would have to be seen by a health care provider. Of course it is always wise to be checked for sexually transmitted infections if you have had casual and unprotected sex. While condoms don't prevent all infections, they can make a big difference in your risk pool.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us