Medical Specialty >> Infections

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Bumps on my face after oral sex

afitz30 - Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:43 pm

Recently my girlfriend and I had oral sex, afterwards the next day I noticed these bumps on my face that began to burn with very flaky scabs and ooz a clear dishcarge and very painful. I have known my girlfriend for over 3yrs and we have had intercourse numerous times and this has never occured before. I asked her did she have any problems and she told me that she got a shot for a discharge. So my question is do I have a STD because I'm really starting wonder if she hasn't slep with someone else and I have reaped the benefits of her unfaithfulness.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:19 pm

I doubt this is a sexually transmitted infection since you noticed the bumps the next day. This would be too early for herpes and most infectious diseases, all of which have an incubation period during which the infection grows in the new host. More likely this is some type of allergic reaction or contact dermatitis and is probably not serious. If it doesn't heal on its own you should see a dermatologist. You may try an antihistamine such as Benadryl to see if it helps. Hydrocortisone ointment might also help if you are not allergic to it, but apply sparingly and avoid the eyes.