Medical Specialty >> Infections

Doctors Lounge - Infections Answers

Back to Infections Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Question: Bump and Odor, im scared and alone

 dalana - Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:24 am

Last January i had unprotected sex with my now ex boyfriend. about may i started to get a strange odor and i noww it's a odor because im a very clean person and i don't usually have unprotected sex, but i thought it was a yest infection, so i bought doche and it helps but i worried. Then i stared to notice i was getting bumps they don't hurt untill i mess with them or pop them, i noticed that i had a milky discharge but it went away. Im very embarrased, because i think it's the worst, and im getting despressed because i scared to have sex with my boyfriend. Please help be, im young and don't want to be juge and alone...
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:43 pm

User avatar Hello,
You would be wise to see a doctor because there is a very good chance this is normal and bumps can be caused by clogged ducts, cysts, etc. This is something we cannot verify from a distance like this. By finding out the definite diagnosis you will likely be put at ease. Whenever you are sexually active there is the possibility of infections but many of these can be treated effectively.

Douche does not help and it can interfere with your body's normal pH balance. If you have yeast, you need an antifungal medication, available over-the-counter. The milky discharge sounds normal. But presence of odor and discharge that seems to have "curds" are more suspicious for infection, requiring treatment.

Once you are cleared for health, you should use latex condoms for sex until you are ready for a permanent relationship. If you don't have access to a doctor, consider a family planning clinic that might be available.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us